Really simple Spaghetti Bolognese
Spaghetti Bolognese is a classic Italian meat sauce that is a staple in most families. This super simple Spaghetti Bolognese is the perfect dinner for any night of the week and will wow your family or guests.
A splash of olive oil.
1 onion finely diced.
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped.
1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped.
3 or 4 mushrooms, finely chopped.
450grms of Steepleton Lodge Beef mince (for the best taste).
A large glass of red wine, including a sip for the chef!
A good slug of tomato puree.
A squeeze of tomato Ketchup.
1 tsp of dried oregano.
1/2 tsp dried thyme.
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce.
1 beef stock cube crushed.
1tsp marmite (optional), but it really makes a difference.
1 can chopped tomatoes.
300grms dried spaghetti.
3-4 spring onions, chopped for garnish.
Grated parmesan to serve.
1. Heat the Olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and cook until soft.
2. Add the garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Add carrot and mushrooms for a further 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the mince and cook until browned. Break up the lumos.
5. Drink a sip of wine and add the rest. Simmer to reduce the wine by 1/2,
6. Add the tomato puree, oregano, thyme, beef stock cube, martmite and Worcestershire
sauce, Ketchup and simmer until thickened.
7. Boil a pan of salted water, add the spaghetti and cook for 10-12 minutes.
8. Drain the spaghetti and serve.
9. Spoon the bolognaise on top of the spaghetti.
10. Sprinkle the grated parmesan and garnish with spring onions..